Homes are considered one of the biggest investments that a person can make in his or her life that is why it is only right for that person to choose the right Memphis realtor to entrust the task of finding and purchasing a suitable home. But the right realtor can be quite tough to find so here are a few tips that can definitely help you out.
1. Go professional – you may be able to interchange the terms agent, broker or realtor. These terms can refer to the same person or the same profession. The only difference is that realtors are registered professionals who are members of the National Realtors Association and are legally recognized by the government to be specialists in their field.
2. Go with experience – never go with someone who is as clueless as you are. Always ask a potential realtor how long he has been doing this type of job.
3. Look for referrals – Your friends, neighbors, relatives and family are a great source of information for you. If they have experienced working with a realtor before then their opinion may count.
4. Go local – You must be able to understand that you may need an agent who has vast knowledge regarding the area you wish to make a purchase from.
5. Choose the right kind of realtor – Remember that there are many different kinds of realtors or agents. Realtors will be working legally for your benefit but there are also a couple dozen who will only be in it for the profit.
6. Stay within your range – Once you have decided on a budget, it is in your best interest to stay within it. Never spend beyond what you have decided. In the end you will only feel regret about it.
7. Conduct few interviews – conduct an interview with only the top realtors you have chosen and think of good questions to ask of them.
8. Do not let your listing be bought by an agent – there are agents who buy listings to buy listings to make more money out of you so do not be fooled.
9. Choose an agent with the same personality – it is important that you have an agent who can think like you and act like you so that they you could have the same tastes when looking for a house. That way, certain issues and concerns would help you understand your agent more and vice versa.