Interior and exterior painting defines the look and enhances the aesthetics of a property. Choosing proper colours and shades for the walls and ceilings is an important task of interior designing. Different areas of the house need different colours and finishes and a professional painter understands this concept.
Choosing a correct Sydney painter is very important, if you want an elegant looking home. I Have some easy to follow tips to select a good painter.
- Choose a reputed company that offers all the painting solutions under one roof. The company or painter should have interior and exterior painting solutions.
- Consult at least two to three companies before you give the contract. Take a quote from all the companies and compare the services provided and the costs charged. Check the number of coats quoted in the estimate, two or three coats are required to get that perfect look and finish.
- Have a discussion with your contractor to know about the size of his team and their experience.
- Check the credentials of the contractor. Take references from your friends or family. You can also speak to the previous clients of the company to know about the quality of service and the time taken.
- State your expectations to the contractor beforehand. This will help them to give a proper estimate depending on the requirements. Always clarify about the preparation and cleaning work before painting the surface. Some painters charge extra for this work but it is important to get the perfect finish.
- The painter should give proper guarantee to correct any minor chipping, flaking and fading of colour for at least two years after the job is done. Many of the reputed Sydney painter offer guarantee on their contracts.
- The painter should not insist on using the paints of his choice. Though they may offer advice and guidance when needed. They should leave the choice of paint and colours to the clients.
- A good Sydney painter understands the client’s requirements and delivers a perfect painting job thatis completed within the promised time. They offer free consultations to the clients to understand their needs and expectations. A good painter always strives to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.