Bangkok is a busy city located in Thailand. This is where Sukhumvit Road is located which is considered to be its commercial centre. The area is surrounded with hotels carrying international brands, luxury shopping centres and best spots for nightlife. Sukhumvit is known to have a community of expats and it is also where travellers flock when they are in the city. Tourists can stay in a 4 star hotel in Sukhumvit to be close to attractions in the area. Here is a list of attractions in Sukhumvit worth visiting.
- Terminal 21. This shopping mall is popular to visitors because its theme follows a number of internationally recognized cities and displayed in one place. You will enjoy window shopping while experiencing the city of Tokyo, London, Istanbul and San Francisco. Each of the nine floors will take you to a different city while the main hall’s concept follows that of a departure area inside an airport.
- Baan Kamthieng House Museum. The area surrounding this museum is a busy junction that one will not expect a space as green as calm exist in the middle of it. The house was remodelled to make it look like a house from a village in the north of Thailand. Visitors to the museum will be able to experience the traditional life of Thais in the rural areas.
- DinosaurPlanet. This is a theme park that houses various kinds of prehistoric creatures such as T-rex and Velociraptors. It was launched last year and located in the area of PhromPhong. The theme park has more than 200 dinosaurs that are life size.
- Soi Cowboy. The name was derived from the very first bar owner in the area. It was the beginning of the 70s when an African-American who is fond of wearing cowboy hat opened a bar in the red-light district. This is popular to expats and foreign travellers.
- Benjasiri Park. It was constructed in 1992 during the 60th birthday of Queen Sirikit. Guests staying in a 4 star hotel in Sukhumvit should visit it to witness the daily water dance show.